The agenda of the GCCN is summed up in three words; Informing, Connecting, Acting.
Within these themes the GCCN will focus on the following objectives.
- Accelerate awareness of the cause and impact of rising atmospheric temperatures
- Provide objective and independent advice on regional GHG issues to all levels of government
- Report against regional progress towards mitigation and adaptation projects
- Facilitate the development of mitigation and GHG targets
- Facilitate collaboration between organisations and individuals in the adaption to climate change
- Provide key links between citizens organisations and local government in implementing mitigation
- Embed the connection between climate research science and regional planning
- Urge action by regional government, community and industry to reduce emissions
- Commission external advice and assistance to deliver projects and programs in adaptation and mitigation action in Gippsland
- Develop recommendations and regional climate research priorities and facilitate the development of research projects and implement findings