“A transition to clean energy is about making an investment in our future” Gloria Reuben
We believe people and communities deserve energy freedom. To help us do this Energise Gippsland operates as a subsidiary or service platform for the Gippsland Climate Change Network and focused on community energy projects and partnered initiatives with other organisations.
We aim to:
- Showcase local and international renewable energy innovation.
- Promote energy efficiency technology in homes and some business communities.
- Improve access to community energy initiatives.
- Support large-scale renewable energy developments by building social licence.
- Increase local energy security and contribute to meeting Victoria’s renewable energy targets.
Energise Gippsland is partnered with the Baw Baw Sustainability Network (BBSN) to deliver practical assessments and advice services to households and small businesses. To help local people save energy and money while also making homes more comfortable and healthy to live in.
Building on the success of our first program, the Gippy Bulk Buy, we are back in partnership with the Wellington Shire, Latrobe City Council, Yarra Energy Foundation and new partner, Rocky’s Solar and Electrical. To help households and businesses access quality solar products at affordable prices.
Community Power Hub
Community Energy refers to projects where a community initiates, develops, operates, and benefits from renewable energy. Our aim is to be an independent voice for advice, to identify and overcome challenges communities may face in delivering their renewable energy projects, and inspire other communities to consider renewable solutions.